Thursday, July 21, 2011

Why I love trials motorcycles

A person asked me a few days ago why I liked the trials motorcycle over a regular dirt bike. Since the end use for each type of motorcycle is different, I can't say that I do like the trials over a dirt bike, enduro, street bike, etc., at any given time. All of them have their places, there specific use and area of need. There are times when I would love to have a seat, be street legal, etc... but then I ride into places like this. (Thanks to Andy Reed for this photo) Andy is a dual-sport rider that is now hooked on trials motorcycles after this trip! :-)

Looking south into the Swans

Who would not like a bike that made it so easy to get into a place with views like this? Knowing that some would say we have no place in an environment like this I have to counter with the fact that Lynn and I are both Leave No Trace master educators and probably leave an area we go into cleaner than before we got there. Every type of entrance into the back country leaves a trace, it is up to us to make that impact as small as possible. By using the trials bike we are doing that. We never get off the trail, turn back if the trails are muddy or soft, etc. It is because we value nature that we use these bikes.

Who would not like to be in country as beautiful as this...

Swan Lake and the Mission Mtns.


No comments:

Post a Comment