Thursday, March 27, 2014

Blogging Quandary!

            By now I hope that most of my readers know we have purchased Llama Hardware http://www.llamahardware.com and that I am now in the process of training to make all the great items Barb has offered in the past. After this week of training I’ll load everything up from Barb’s shop and move it to my shop in MT and continue the learning process there. Barb will come over in a week or so and help me finalize production in the new location.
            So, on the learning/ production front everything is coming together quickly and I expect to be in full production by mid April at our shop in MT. What I’m in a quandary about is that I am not going to stop wood working and selling stuff off my Etsy site. https://www.etsy.com/shop/RockRabbitEnterprise In fact I have been shipping orders of darning eggs and bread troughs while working on the transition into Llama Hardware.
            That is what led me to this blog. Should I combine the two and just blog in one place about what is happening with both businesses? Or create a new blog just for Llama Hardware? I’m pretty sure that most, if not all, of the llama people appreciate the wood working, but I’m not so sure the people looking at the wood working are into llamas?
            Okay my friends and followers, what’s Your opinion? One combined blog or two separate blogs. Keep in mind I will be adding dates for pack trials, rendezvous, shows, etc. for the llama folks, but would also be posting photos of new wood work, asking about ideas for what items to build, turn, carve, next. Etc…


THANKS! 

4 comments:

  1. I would be interested in reading about both. Also, have you thought about eventually adding a line of dog products? I know you are a dog lover, and some dogs do best behaviorally if they have a job to do. Gene and I bought our dog a backpack for him to carry things on our fishing trips. We don't get to go often, so I don't think it really helps him, and he doesn't carry much, be he doesn't know that. lol Something like that might bring in a new following of dog people though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I strongly encourage you to keep the blogging on one blog. People can choose which entries to read fully, which to skim, and which to pass. Do not scatter yourself, it is best to catch up with you in one (okay two with FB) too many social media things are too many. But, in the end, it's your call. For me, I like reading all of your blog entries and I only like looking at pictures of llamas, don't have the space to keep one. As for the wood, let me get more comfortable in my inexperience as a gardener -because the more I learn, the more I realize I don't understand- then I will be bugging you for more wooden containers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see three blogs in your future.
    This blog should continue for venting your ideas with us, your friends and family.
    Another blog for the wood working since few people who work wood care much about llamas.
    A third blog about llama hardware and other accessories from that side of things. Most people with llamas have no time for wood working.
    Naturally there will be some crossover (tool rolls and canvas tool totes come to mind).
    Dog gear is a great idea Gene and Trinda! Might slow our kelpie spaniel down to a run!
    For those rare individuals that may be interested in both, be sure to leave a link somewhere so they can find your other blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gene and Trinda, Yes, I have thought about that. And probably Will add a line of packs for dogs, but not for several months. I want to get the products already offered down pat before I start branching out. In the mean time though, there are some of the products that would work great for dogs, as shown here. http://www.llamahardware.com/HL3way.htm
    and here: http://www.llamahardware.com/PAfoldingbucket.htm
    "Eglentyne" I think I might have been given the perfect solution. I am checking out Wordpress, it appears they will allow separate tabs on the main page of the blog so I could have different tabs for each topic I was blogging on.. will let everyone know if I change over.
    Prof.Rivet, you KNOW tool rolls and canvas totes are on the top of the R&D list, probably next fall. For now, I'll keep one blog and see what I can do with it. Perhaps as my readers increase and I add "followers" I'll consider branching out. Or just do More blogs on here and let people pick and choose by the title which ones they want to read.

    ReplyDelete