Sunday, March 12, 2017

Lack of shop time

There seems to have been a conspiracy going on here at my house. It’s all the things that are happening to keep me out of the shop. Broken water pipes, new jobs, more orders for Llama Hardware, taxes to get organized and off to the accountant… you know, the things that are our lives.  

On a side note, we have found a few more barn boards and will be headed out to gather those up and brought home. A few of the projects I have in mind for those are cut outs of the state of Oregon. Some I hope to add chalk board in the opening and perhaps I’ll put a mirror in one of the others.

Still on the “to get done” list are a stack of bread troughs, totes full of roughed out bowls, and a few cutting/ serving platters. I’ll be working on those soon I hope. Additional plans are in the works for a “little library” to be put on the street in front of our house.
  
These little libraries are a place where people walking by can borrow a book, leave a book or perhaps trade a book. They have proven very popular in other locations and we have an old cabinet to use to make ours.


More ideas and other projects to be added to the list soon and finished products will get photographed and put on here as well. 

2 comments:

  1. Spring is just around the corner. I'm sure that things will even out, and you'll get back into the rhythm of making things. I can't wait to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy. I'm sure it will, it always has in the past. It just all the projects that were put on hold over the winter due to bad weather that pile up. I just need to remember to take photos!

      Delete