Sunday, December 22, 2013

Branching out a bit

While my main product line is going to continue to be bowls, both turned and or carved, I am also adding smaller items to the mix. Production allows me to use the smaller pieces of wood that are left from the bowls, thus making my whole product line more “green” by increasing my motto of Reuse, Recycle, Reclaim.
So, what am I adding? Well to start with I am adding darning mushrooms and eggs. I’ll start out with the a variety of woods and move on to combined woods if the market tells me they are desirable. So, you tell me, are they? Below are a couple of examples for you to view. The first one and the last one are Walnut and the middle two are Oak. 






You can find them for sale on my Etsy page: http://www.etsy.com/shop/RockRabbitEnterprise

Do you, my loyal followers on this blog, have any other items you would like to see me offer for sale? Leave a comment below and I’ll see what I can turn up, so to speak. J

3 comments:

  1. Candle sticks, small dishes and bowls, Smurf house shaped containers.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small dishes I have, I'll get them listed on the Etsy page soon. Candle sticks I'll add to the list of projects to make. Smurf houses I'll have to research and see what I can come up with. Making them lopsided like most of them are will take a bit of work. Other than that, it's just a bit of a size change from darning mushroom to Smurf house!

      Delete
    2. I like the interesting grain of the middle two "darning mushrooms" you've pictured. My Mother-in-law used to darn all of our socks by inserting a dumb bell shaped wooden piece. One end was a small enlargement, the other end larger, allowing for different size holes and parts of the item to be mended. The cylinder connecting them acted as a handle. It's time to get thrifty and return to darning socks instead of tossing them!

      Delete