Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Passion for wood working

Hello everyone. Starting today I’m on a new push to get my woodworking out to those that would like to have some fine décor or accessory items for their homes. Several different aspects are involved in the process, but to start I have created a twitter account, @RockRabbitEnt to let everyone know what I’m up to in the shop and what projects will soon be available for purchase. Those same items, and others, will be on my Etsy page as well at https://www.etsy.com/shop/RockRabbitEnterprise. There are items of all types there, small gift ideas to luxury home décor objects. As always my Flickr site, http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockrabbit/ will have photos of my work as well as tools produced, toys made for donation to the local Toys For Tots group here in Kalispell. Of course there will also be some photos of my dogs, my trips around the country and other aspects of my life that will show up on my wood work at one time or another.
And since you are reading this, you know that I already have a blog, http://rockrabbitsblog.blogspot.com/. That is going to change a bit and be updated on a weekly basis with photos of current project in progress, wood that will become a project and recently finished projects that will be listed on my Etsy page.
Please take a look at the photos below, view all my various web pages and send me a “tweet” when you have the time. Share all of the above with your family and friends, it is only by the gracious word of each of you that I can move forward with this business and make my passion for creating art work from wood something everyone can share in their own home.

Richard





A small turned box with a simple flower carved in the top would make an excellent small jewelry box.

A small “ring box” that will hold one to perhaps a few rings. Out of sight, out of mind and a lot harder to lose under the bed!

The “Balanced Bowl” set is suitable for a coffee table display. The big bowl is a hand carved Walnut burl and the companion bowl is of hand shaped copper, patinaed in a blue pattern. The hand wrought “balance beam” is textured to look like a tree limb with a “curled root” to hold the copper bowl and handmade “leaves” under the Walnut burl. The bas is a large Walnut block, shaped to resemble a section of tree trunk.

A “forest” of ring holders. Use these to safely hold and display your rings either on your night stand, bathroom counter or perhaps at your own booth to sell your own custom made jewelry. Made from Walnut, Maple, Poplar, and many other species of wood, they range from 3” to 7” tall.

All of these items are available on my Etsy site listed above.
Thank you for your time to read my blog and Please pass it along to all your family and friend to help me get the word out to as many people as possible. It is with your help that I can take my passion for woodwork over the top and make it into a business as well.

THANK YOU


Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment