Saturday, February 1, 2014

Direction!

            Well, for good or bad, I have decided on a direction for my business. Forward! Ok okay, I know that’s more than a bit cliché’ but it was either go forward or Stop. This seems like the better choice.
            The task over the next couple of days is to organize my shelves of turned and carved items. I’m finding that I have far more bowls than I thought I had and not at many plates or boxes. Once I have them organized, I’ll make up listing sheets for each item and then make sure I have photos before listing them on my Etsy site. https://www.etsy.com/shop/RockRabbitEnterprise
            I’ll also put notice out via email and twitter https://twitter.com/RockRabbitEnt
And ‘pin’ them to the board “my stuff” on Pinterest. http://www.pinterest.com/llamanter/
            After a conversation a few days ago with a nice couple that sell their stuff on Ebay, I decided that my lack of sales was not because I was not making a quality product, but because I was not pushing my sites enough and not getting word out to the right people. With your help I’ll be able to reach more people and then if they spread the word as well, even More people. Word of mouth is the best system I have available to me at this time so Please help me spread the word to the sites above and to my new website as well. http://rockrabbits.wix.com/rockrabbit
            Then just because I think it helps to have some visual aids in all this, here are some photos of my work to help inspire you to help me spread the word.






6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are on the right track. It's pretty hard at first but as you become known for your work, things will pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thought of something else; Make a You Tube video of a "how to" project. You'll generate some notoriety that way..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being on the right track going the right direction is good, I agree.. but would either of you watch me on a Youtube video? :-) Besides, I don't even Own a video camera. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watch several YouTube wood turners every week. Since I know you I would definitely subscribe to your site. And keep volunteering to do demo's at woodworking club meetings. It might seem like you are preaching to the choir but you need Exposure, Exposure, Exposure !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wayne, I do several demos a year. Our club will be turning on the 15th at the Kalispell City Mall and then in August we do several days at the NW Montana State fair and a local Antique Tractor show in September. Some years we also do demos for local high schools, etc. I'll think about the video, but with no video camera it's a bit of a non event for right now.

    ReplyDelete