Friday, February 21, 2014

The wheels go round and round


            For a long time I have heard the saying: if you want something done, give the task to a busy person. It seems that I am that “busy” person!
            I’m behind in my blogging, but have more stuff listed on my Etsy site: https://www.etsy.com/shop/RockRabbitEnterprise and have gotten a fair amount of feedback and will be making new projects in the near future based on that feedback. Look for more toys, both the durable, “play with them every day”, kind and the higher end, “looks good on dad’s bookshelf” version.
            Currently I’m working pretty much full time on the Toys for Tots toys so they will be done before I have to be in the field doing archaeology. (assuming I find a Job doing archaeology that is). A friend of a friend, soon to be my friend I’m sure, has volunteered to take over building the block truck so that takes some of the load off me. I have most of the parts cut for the doll cradle and the bulldozer. The parts for the tool box I’ll cut today and the tools for the tool box are an on-going process as I get scraps to cut them from.
            The job I was working on last fall has been shut down again so it is not looking like I will be going back to NE Montana in the spring to work there. I am in contact with the Portland Oregon office of the same company but currently there is no work there either. Time will tell.
            Next week is training in Salem OR so I will be a qualified “consultant” for ODOT projects. That should give me one more tool that I can use to get a job as an archaeologist in Oregon. If the economy will just improve a bit more I think that might happen.
            The trip will also allow us to visit with my sister who has had some health issues lately and to see Lynn’s dad while he is in the hospital to have one of his recently replaced knee joints replaced again. There was some kind of issue with the joint and they are having to put in a different one.
            With so much into such a short time we will not be able to visit with everyone we want to, but will try to at least touch bases with everyone we can while we are down there. If we are not able to visit with you, please do not take it personally, there are too many of you and too little time!

            As one last item of interest…. Why didn’t someone tell me that Pinterest was such an addictive thing? Please to take a look at some of my board there and share or re-pin some of my stuff on one of your boards. http://www.pinterest.com/llamanter/

No comments:

Post a Comment