Wednesday, April 23, 2014

It’s a branch!

            Ok, so it’s a Small branch, but I have started my first branch out with the Flaming Star Expedition Gear…. Sort of. And this small branch came after working 10 hour days to catch up on the back log of orders for the Flaming Star llama products. What I made was a tool roll for use with woodturning tools. It’s made with black 1000 denier cordura and has 1” nylon webbing to hold it closed and as a handle.


The next time I’m in Kalispell I am going to talk to one of the places that does embroidery so I can get a quote for them to put people’s names on the material before I sew it up. Making it a personal item as opposed to just another tool roll from one of the major wood working companies. Next in line is a tool roll designed for carving tools.
            Work on the back log is coming along well. IF all goes well over the next couple of days I should have five harness systems and the matching driving halters done and ready to send out to some very patient customers! Thank you to all those waiting on me to get them done.

            Along with all that, new orders are coming in every few days so I am looking at spending a few more long days getting them turned out as quickly as possible!

4 comments:

  1. You'll get it done! Can you make a gardening tool belt for small-ish gardening tools?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see why not. But I'll need a better description of the tools. "small-ish" is not very precise! :-)

      Delete
  2. Looks you'll be willing to do custom things. Hm. I'll have to think about what I want you to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prof.Rivet, I am willing to do custom work, but it has to wait on orders for products in the current line. Reserving the right to turn down work that I don't think will lead to a line of products I an sell in the future. Doing a "one of" project is seldom profitable. Or it's Very expensive for the person ordering the one item.

    ReplyDelete