Monday, August 18, 2014

Pinterest

            How many of those of you reading this are doing Pinterest? I find that I do things in bursts. There are days when I get sucked into the search feature on Pinterest and all of a sudden several hours have passed with me looking at all the great things others have posted to their Pinterest boards that they like.
            Most of those things are simply things I like myself or are things I think could be future projects. The list is long and I already have many note books full of ideas.
            What I’m wondering is this: are there others that use Pinterest in this way? Would you ever consider using Pinterest as a way to find someone to make a project for your or to purchase an item you find on Pinterest?
            There are places I know that are marketing their work via Pinterest, but it takes either time or money to market no matter the way it’s done. Since like most of you, I have more time than money, it’s one of the ways I’m looking at marketing my work, or potential work.
            To that end I have put up a board on Pinterest that is labeled, “My Stuff” http://www.pinterest.com/llamanter/my-stuff/ and one for “Lynn’s Artwork” http://www.pinterest.com/llamanter/lynns-artwork-wife/ as well. While there are many other ideas on the other boards on my Pinterest page, I can only make something that is similar to those items, I can’t make it exactly the same or I’ll be infringing on someone else’s design and I won’t do that.
            The fun thing with wood, is that it is nearly impossible to make something exactly like what someone else did. And since I can seldom leave things as they are, it’s not too much of an issue. There are always things I think need to be done differently or I can’t do the same way because I don’t have the same type of wood or the same piece of equipment needed to make it like someone else.
            So, for now, go to my Pinterest page; http://www.pinterest.com/llamanter/ Take a look at what’s there and let me know what you might be interested in having made or purchasing. While you are there, don’t forget to Share the link with all your friends and family!

            

No comments:

Post a Comment